Thursday, November 02, 2006

Washington Woman Unaware of Pregnancy Until Day Before Baby is Born

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226983,00.html [From article]

BELLEVUE, Wash. — Amanda Brisendine attributed the 30 pounds she gained in the past year to an abandoned smoking habit and rich food. So when she went to the hospital with sharp stomach pain, she wasn't expecting to leave with a newborn son.

"I don't know how I didn't know. I just didn't know," Brisendine said Tuesday from her bed at Overlake Medical Center's Birthing Center, where she delivered Alexander Joseph Britt by Caesarean section.

[/From article]

Talk about a surprise... Go to the hospital with abdominal pain and leave with a newborn. One must wonder if it is a cause to celebrate or show sympathy. I honestly do not know how I would react if that happened to me; well it can't happen to me (I am a guy) but to my significant other. Don't get me wrong, children are great. I love kids and wouldn't trade my three for anything in the world.

However, sometimes it takes time to adjust and to get used to the idea. It takes time to get prepared. Cloths and a crib must be bought among other things.

Really, could you imagine going to the hospital with stomach pains and walking out with a baby?

2 comments:

Dr Qaedjohar Dhariwal said...

thats hard to believe ! I mean babies move & kick all the time especially in the later months .....

Michael said...

Thats what I would have thought.