Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Kerry's..... Well, stupidity.

LINK: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226490,00.html UPDATE BELOW:
"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," - Kerry
I want to know what Kerry was thinking. Could anyone tell me. A person can't make a comment such as that one and then refuse to apologize saying everyone mis-understood his "botched joke" and that he meant the people in the military no dis-respect. Well excuse me Mr. Kerry, but there is only one way to take that statement on first impression and that is at face value. So the real question is, do you feel that way about everyone in the military? UPDATE: I thought I should update this before I look stupid. :) Don't want to be put in the same class as Kerry you know... I do understand what Kerry meant to say. That is something along the lines of, "
You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you send troops to Iraq where you find yourself stuck". Where I think he is a complete and utter moron is that, rather than clarify himself, he chose to refuse to apologize for the bad phrasing that confused so many people and simply say it was a "botched joke". As I said above most people will simply take his statement at face value, and at face value first impressions are that he is talking about the military. So what he just said was, "Hey, all of you idiots out there are morons for taking what I said wrong." Perhaps there may be some truth to that. Perhaps not, but being a political figure such as he is he can not afford to come across in such a manner. It reminds me of when my children come to me asking where "that" thing is. My first question is, of course, what thing? I spend time every day trying to teach my children to be clear about things they are trying to convey in conversation. Perhaps that is a skill Kerry never learned. And, while I will grant you I am not always understood myself I am also not a public figure nor do I ever have any intentions of running for any kind of public office.

No comments: